Dr Wilton Braund
Dr Braund is an endocrinologist specialising in diabetes, and a senior visiting specialist at several major public and private hospitals.
He maintains an extensive understanding of the capabilities and limitations of the IT industry, is a major contributor to the design of Clinical Universe’s clinical interfaces, and oversees the ethical and medical issues involved in the handling of clinical data.
Dr Braund has more than 30 years experience in the Australian and UK health systems including:
- Clinical research in diabetes at the Radcliffe Infirmary, Oxford
- A year of Royal Flying Doctor Service in Australia’s remote “outback”
- Private specialty practice since 1987 as a consultant physician in Endocrinology, Diabetes and General Medicine
- Associate Dean for Postgraduate Training at Flinders Medical Centre / Flinders University School of Medicine 1995 – 2003
- Honorary Lecturer in the School of Medicine, Flinders University 1986 – present
- Senior Visiting Consultant Specialist at two teaching hospitals
Since 1994, Dr Braund has provided clinical input into the development of software, and has been a director of medically-oriented software companies since 1996.